Spring is upon us, and you’re likely booking your summer vacation and switching out your wardrobe in preparation of sunny, warm weather.
But the impending changes in seasons also brings about another concern: the visibility of cellulite. Known for its dimpled cottage-cheese looking appearance, cellulite is an extremely common condition in women. It’s also not so bikini-body-friendly while cellulite can technically occur anywhere, it tends to be most common along the thigh and buttock regions of the body. This is because cellulite forms under fatty tissues, which are more prevalent in these areas.
Before you give up hope and cover up at the beach this summer, consider the ways that you can actually treat cellulite in Scottsdale, Arizona to reveal your best bikini body yet.
Cellulite forms when connective tissues in deeper fatty layers are destroyed, thereby creating uneven, dimpled-looking skin. Topical gels and massage creams may help improve the appearance of cellulite, but these effects wear off as soon as you stop using such products.
If you’re frustrated with previous attempts at treating cellulite, consider more permanent med-spa treatments, such as:
• Laser therapy, which helps break up dimpled skin for a smoother appearance
• Fat grafting to remove dimpled areas
• Cellfina, which uses vacuum suction techniques through a hand-held device
• CoolSculpting for eliminating stubborn areas of fat that might contribute to cellulite development
• Retinol topical therapies to help even out the upper layers of skin
It’s important to get started with cellulite treatments in Phoenix and Scottsdale as soon as you can, as these can take several weeks to take full effect. You don’t want to wait until summer begins!
While cellulite may be treated with the above procedures, you still need to invest in good lifestyle habits to maintain your results. These include:
• Drinking more water to remove toxins and improve lymphatic circulation
• Maintaining a healthy body mass index
• Regular cardiovascular exercise to help maintain weight and improve circulation throughout the body
• Targeted strength-training exercises, such as squats and lunges
• Avoiding tanning beds and prolonged direct sunlight—ask about a recommended sunless tanner instead
• Massaging the area frequently to improve circulation
Talk to our Plastic Surgeons in Scottsdale and Phoenix about the best approach for treating your own cellulite. They can help you achieve your best summer body possible.
I was so pleased with the honesty and concern for my best interest that not only did the Dr. provide but also Rosie. They want you to be completely happy with your results and offer an honest opinion of what procedures will help you obtain that result. The nurses are so friendly and helpful before and after the procedure. I would and will refer Dr. Zavala to my friends and family.
El Dr. Zavala es muy professional, y entiende lo que nos molesta, o como nos sentimos. El conoce muy bien como debe lucir el cuerpo femenino. Gracias a su experiencia. Me hizo sentir segura y tranquila. Le recomiendo este doctor al cualquiera que dese verse major. Y Dr. Carlos Mata no se queda atras, muy professional, y sabe escuchar!
Every time I came to the office the whole staff was always very nice and welcoming. The day of my surgery the nurses took great care of me and made me feel comfortable. The doctor is very nice as well. Also my boy did not react well to one of the medications and Dr. Zavala kept me longer to make sure I was ok and the nurses kept a close eye on me. They were all so sweet. I am very thankful for that!
Staff very friendly and supportive, Dr. Zavala extremely professional and proficient in everything he does. It almost feels like you are part of the family when you come in, and you know that the doctor and his staff only have your best interests in mind.