There’s something immensely affirming and exciting about loving the way you look. However, many if not most people find that at least one physical imperfection detracts from their aesthetic appeal. If your issue is excess fat on specific regions of your body, you should know that liposuction might be the solution you’ve been seeking. Read on to learn more about liposuction so you can determine whether this procedure would be appropriate and advantageous for you:
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure which involves slimming and reshaping specific regions of the body through the removal of excess fat deposits. Liposuction improves body proportions and contours, which can enhance the patient’s self-confidence and mobility in daily life.
What Can Liposuction Treat?
Liposuction can be used to treat any of the following regions of the body:
• Ankles and calves
• Upper arms
• Inner knee
• Chest area
• Neck, chin, and cheeks
The Limitations Of Liposuction
While liposuction can play an integral role in improving an individual’s appearance, it’s not an effective treatment for obesity. It is also not a substitute for adequate exercise and a healthy diet. Additionally, liposuction cannot be used to treat cellulite, which is the dimpled skin that often appears on the buttocks, hips, and thighs. Finally, note that liposuction cannot be used to treat saggy, loose skin.
Good Candidates For Liposuction
Typically, the best candidates for liposuction are:
• Adults who are within 30% of their appropriate weight. These individuals should also have elastic skin and good muscle tone
• Healthy people who do not have a medical condition or life-threatening illness that might impede or impair the healing process
• Individuals who do not smoke
• People who have specific objectives for the body contouring process
• Individuals who maintain a positive outlook on life
• People who are bothered by the presence of excess deposits of fat on their body and find that these deposits cannot be corrected with dietary modifications, exercise programs, etc.
Once you decide that liposuction may be right for you, the next step is scheduling your in-person consultation with a trained cosmetic surgeon. During the consultation, you’ll discuss key issues like:
• Your medical treatments, drug allergies and medical conditions
• Your surgical objectives
• Current use of tobacco, alcohol, herbal supplements, vitamins, and current medications
• Previous surgeries
Don’t Delay: Obtain Cosmetic Services Today!
People who recognize that excess fat on their bodies precludes them from feeling confident in their bodies should know that solutions are available. One of them is liposuction. Contact one of our liposuction professionals now to schedule a consultation and determine whether liposuction would be the right cosmetic procedure for you!